Monday, May 9, 2011

my poster

My poster design is simple but i believe it to be effective as it clearly shows what the papers about and what the paper has it in. I started of this design with inspiration from my masthead, so i kept the masthead at the top of my poster so my target audience can identify the poster to my newspaper. I then used a picture from my own photography to put as the main picture. I have chosen this picture because i feel it is the best picture to draw the attention of my target audience and it shows a local school team which my audience will know. I then used photoshop to crop the picture to the exact style i wanted which means that i got rid of all the unnesccary parts. I then decided to go and use the masthead red as a boarder which reinforces the red colour scheme of the newspaper. I then add in 3 boxes of 2 different colours which where red and green. I made these transparent as i didn't want these boxes blocking out parts of the main picture. The text that i put in these 3 boxes was the release date and what the main story was about. This was done in only a few words which will make it easier for a passer by to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment